Archive for January, 2014
January 27, 2014 Leave a comment
- House Republicans will soon release their proposals for immigration reform, which are rumored to support legalizing up to 6.5 million undocumented residents.
- State Senator Ricardo Lara of California has proposed a state version of the Affordable Care Act to insure undocumented immigrants.
- An Indian diplomat was arrested in New York for violating U.S. labor and wage laws by forcing long hours for low pay upon a domestic employee, abuses that are in many ways enabled by U.S. diplomatic practice and immigration law.
- ThinkProgress asks why government websites often use inaccurate Spanish.
- Immigrant advocates in Arizona issued subpoenas for all communications sent in the creation of Arizona’s 2009 anti-immigrant law, SB 1070, containing references to race. U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton ruled the documents could be released but has not set a date for turning them over. Read more…
Categories: News Round Up In-Brief