News Round Up In-Brief
AccessDenied is adding a new feature in order to keep our readers informed of news items and reports from around the web on unauthorized im/migration and health. We are calling this feature: News Round Up In-Brief.
We will continue to add longer, more editorial News Round Ups from time to time. However, the News Round Up In-Brief is a weekly feature with links to important news items. If you have items you would like us to include, please email: email@example.com.
- An article from the Arizona Daily Star stated that approximately 2000 people have died in Arizona crossing the US Mexico border in the last decade. The story contains links to video, audio interviews, interactive maps, and a database of individuals who have died. An AccessDenied contributor Robin Reineke and graduate student at the University of Arizona is also interviewed in this piece.
- A story in the Tucson Weekly reported that July’s heat yielded a near-record number of migrant deaths.
- The NYT this week described a deal in Atlanta to provide dialysis to illegal immigrants. The article also contains several links to past stories on immigration and health.
- U.S. Unauthorized Immigration Flows Are Down Sharply Since Mid-Decade according to a report released on September 1, 2010 by the Pew Hispanic Research Center.
- The Pew Hispanic Research Center released a report titled Unauthorized Immigrants and their US Born Children on August 11, 2010. The report analyzes data on the number, age distribution, fertility, and family structure of legal and unauthorized immigrants in the United States.